11.21.2012

Höst: Scandinavian Minimalism

It's been quite a while since I've posted. Much has happened since my last post: I have finished design school, been thrown into the real world of balancing two jobs, but I have begun a design career in the healthcare sector. All that is to say, I miss this blog, and I'm making an early new year's resolution to get back into exploring current design in the world.
With that, I just discovered Höst, a beautiful example of industrial and minimal Scandinavian design in a Copenhagen restaurant. The restaurant was design by Norm Architects of Copenhagen, and the lighting and tableware were design by New Norm, a subdivision of Norm Architects. The restaurant has a small palette, including dark industrial lighting fixtures, white rustic walls, and reclaimed wood throughout.
"The theme has been to transform the feeling of eating outside on a Scandinavian farmyard in rural settings to an urban and more minimalist indoor context," said Jonas Bjerre-Poulsen of Norm Architects.    
What I find most remarkable about this space is the use of light, both natural and artificial. The natural daylighting enters in beautiful architectural ways, while the fixtures are stunning, industrial statements.

No comments:

Post a Comment