12.02.2010

"THE TOWER OF DROPLETS"








I don't really know what to make of this project. Crab Studio's skyscraper entitled "The Tower of Droplets" won the Taiwan Tower Conceptual International Competition.

Sir Peter Cook and Gavin Robotham are the creators of the tower:
"The entire tower is inspired by the creation of energy. Living energy which must be……… Visible living energy SYMBOLISING THE VISIBLE ENERGY, ENTERPRISE AND INVENTIVE OPTIMISM OF THE TAIWANESE PEOPLE... The principal purpose of the tower is to CREATE ALGAE."

So this tower is supposed to create algae used for fish and plant food as well as biofuel for engines. If it indeed will work as described, then sure that sounds great. Visually, however, it only catches my eye because it looks as what I would imagine would be a futuristic Dr. Seuss environment, located in space of course. Yet, it's fascinating to me. Unfortunately, the algae-tron won 2nd in the competition, so for now all we have are images to imagine the Tower of Droplets in all it's majesty.


While look at Crab Studio's website, I found that I really love Sir Peter Cook's illustrations.






No comments:

Post a Comment